Not to mention the Titanic...as long as we talked about Apollo 13

April 14 was sailing day for the Titanic and, as I was completely unaware, there was a near miss at the dock with another ship.  I don't think that this made it into the movie.

My grandmother, Mary Emerson (yes of THE Emerson lineage) was 29 at the time and was an avid reader. Her husband worked on the railroad and she used to get the Detroit and Chicago (his route) papers that were delivered to the railroad for sale in the passenger cars. She kept clippings of all this and I can remember them. I have no idea what happened to that scrapbook of sorts...went in the heap probably 10 moves ago..who knows. But she did recount the story to me perhaps 55 or so years ago..closer to it in time than the near century from it now.

Comments