I see the moon..over the blue lagoon

In the middle 50s, Walt Disney presents was the Sunday night fare. It was a shameless promotion of Disneyland but we didn't know that. Winston Hibbler brought you adventureland (narrator of note) and, I distinctly remember the moon being one of the topics and some ducks singing or something "I see the moon..over the blue lagoon". Yeah. I'm probably nuts.

I would go outside and shoot a picture of this magnificent full moon settng but its 3:45am and 29 degrees (no kidding) and I'm going back to bed and watch CNBC's euro doomsday report.  If you haven't heard Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata in a while...well there is the link.

My dad, dead now ten years and I miss him terribly, wasn't much for Beethoven. He liked the Carolina Moon song from the 20s. Here it is. Hi dad.

Comments