"Get these out of here! Do not make My Father's house a house of merchandise!"


I'm pretty slow to anger. Honest.

I've had two run ins with "money changers" in the last few months and this crap with Goldman Sachs drives me over the edge. Actually some of the stuff that the treasury is doing drives me over the edge.

Let me get this straight. Big time crooked banks, from whom you can't get a loan if your life depended on it, get to borrow from the government, for all intents, at 0% interest.  They just line up and say "hey I want a billion or two" and they get it.  Then they loan it back to the Fed in the form of Treasury purchases at 3% or so. But they keep it on their books as an asset and can loan to us at 6-7-8%.  They are loaning our money to us at 6-800% what it costs them to borrow our money in the first place.  And Goldman wonders why the people are constructing a gallows and a "hang him, rack him, disembowel him" shrine (courtesy of Braveheart) outside their offices? Hmmmm. Talk about being out of touch. I am NOT promoting this as a cure for the Wall Street ills among us...but damn it does look attractive.

Comments