sunrise

I read somewhere that the best time of the day, the most soothing to the soul, is the one you associate either with music or light.  If for instance you tune into NPR's All Things Considered and that humptydumpty theme song, there is a certain consolation feeling that its 5p, cocktail hour, close of day, safety of the home yada yada.

My home office faces east into a wooded lot and at the eastern end of long island, we catch the sun a bit earlier than most of the nation.  This is the first morning of the year when the sun actual is directly visible into my room past the right edge of my window frame.. Work, reading, etc., have to cease until about 720am when the framing blots it out...Of course Sunrise from the Grand Canyon Suite makes perfect sense here...so I'll just chill out for the next few...you do the same.

Comments