I am always interested in reading a fairly well written bit of history. I am not so interested in reading a well written bit of fiction. Innocent my butt. This is in the NYTimes this morning and makes my blood boil. I posted the following on the Times site:

'Yeah Guiliani was and remains and grandstander but this putz violated securities laws and 4 months in the slammer was a gift. Tough that his \"life would never be the same\". Just tough. He broke the law. Ignorance of the law is no excuse and if it doesn't apply to the little guy then this butthead is in the same boat. STOP trying to make silk out of a sow's ear."

On the Friday before Michael Milkin was arrested (the following Monday morning), I have the distinction of sending a fax to his LA office which pointed to a meeting I was going to have with him the following week in Boston. It was, according to the feds, on the top of the pile in his personal faxes. Woe be unto me.  Nothing came of that and I had no idea that Drexel was a bad place when i wrote it....but dammit someone has to have their finger on the pulse somewhere. 

We pay government in taxes to keep the regulatory structure in tact and they screwed up back then and they are screwing up now.  How much more is the main street of this nation to take before the peasants gather up pitchforks and hoes and go after the monster?

Comments