Health Care Passes, I get the flu and our Congress goes on half days

Sorry for not blogging lately.  Been traveling and got a flu bug which only helped my diet and ruined my disposition.  I was bed ridden enough to watch television in a horrible hotel in Florida and unfortunately little else. I would describe this place but I'm not sure I could do it it justice, being the rather glass half full type of person that I am except to note that it had about 20 channels half of which seemed to be Fox and all the MSM (main stream media) amazingly absent.  I was pleased that it passed in spite of being just a whimpy version of what it should have been and just hope/hoped that some of the stuff could be cleaned up later. I was suitably appalled at the reaction of that fella from Ohio, the Congressman, who now is the rage on YouTube hollering "hell no"  This is the same fella who n late June of 1995 passed out "about a half-dozen" checks from the political action committee of tobacco company Brown & Williamson Corp. to fellow Republicans on the floor of the House.

So now the Senate, in an effort to stop the government in its tracks is going on half days...well not exactly half  -- they just won't work after 2p.  I'm still sick in bed and watching the news about voicemail threats, cut gas lines, "hope you bleed out your eyes and die"...type of stuff.  What goes on here? What planet is this?

Comments