Grand daughters are..well ....grand - pictures of youth

14 years ago...just the blink of an eye ....

"Two are in the Rockies on their first skiing thing and although the oldest is not yet 3 and the youngest can only turn over by all reports it is grand. My other was on my lap (she is a terrible 2) last night watching cats and dogs on youtube as well as the numerous postings of herself.

As much as I think the digital age has drained us of frugality (take 1000 digi pics to get a good one as opposed to film costs $4.99 for 12 black and whites...make every shot count) and a lot of great pictures are a result of pure luck, I'm not unhappy for it. (while you are reading this listen in to Burns and Allen and get a good laugh to start the day)

When I was doing my doctoral minor I took an architectural history class. One of the assignments was that we got a polaroid camera with 1 shot allowed and we wandered the streets looking for the best example of renaissance revival to bring back and then write "why" as a major paper.  If only our minds could work as fast as the toys we have to nurture them.

I was nostalgic for my granddaughters last night..they will miss all the simple parts of life in past times when the stimulation was what you went out and found and wasn't at all just there...it had to be worked at.  My next task with her is to ..well in a couple years....listen to the old time radio stations...the Lone Ranger, the Shadow, Fibber Maggie and Molly, Amos and Andy..well you get the picture..it is in your mind".

Comments