Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.®

Garrison Keillor has registered that ending on his "Writer's Almanac" page that comes out ever day (go read it here and book mark it..it will do your soul good).  Here on the east coast we face yet another snowthing next week but it is lighter earlier (obviously) and the bad humor of winter has clearly passed....well not my personal bad humor but I'm speaking generally.

I was "Peck's Bad Boy" yesterday on the Althouse Blog (http://www.althouse.blogspot.com/) where I got into a tiff with a neanderthal.  A fellow named Michael wrote (following some rather witty entry by moi):

Michael said...


"Opus One Media: You make the case perfectly. You have to sneer at someone to prove your linguistic superiority and then to show your understanding of the vile business world you use those handy examples of Enron, Bear Sterns and Global Crossing. You are exactly the specimen described. Exactly. But here is a difference between someone who has been both in business and academia. They have been in both. Have observed both first hand. And you? I daresay I have read more books, made more money, traveled to more places, caught more fish, shot more birds, paid for more private schools and had more wives than you. Trump that you snotty rude shit."  to which I replied:

Opus One Media said...


Michael said...
"And you? I daresay I have read more books, made more money, traveled to more places, caught more fish, shot more birds, paid for more private schools and had more wives than you. Trump that you snotty rude shit."
Ohhhh Michael..hit a nerve did we?...daresay all you want but let's start after the und einen shall we?
doubtful.
very doubtful
extremely doubtful
probably
birds? you shoot birds?
why are you buying private schools?..ohhhh you mean "paid for" like in tuition....gosh, well you can see my confusion with your syntax or lack thereof...now where were we? wives? ahh yes..and you are bragging or just a serial looser?
Trump that...? ohhh a play on words...I love a play on words...
..snotty rude shit"...tell me Michael...is snotty an adjective in this usage or did you just do some run-ons ending in shit?
You simply have to be more precise or momma's not gonna let you play with the big kids."

Now I don't like to gloat but that last sentence was pretty damn good...snotty as all get out too.

Comments