What to remember on January 22


Well we of course have Roe v. Wade.  It was 37 years ago when the decision came down.  Amazingly only 8 abortion providers have been murdered since then although bombings and threats outnumber them, so I suppose it is just ineptness in the killing process that keeps the murder rate down. Or, of course, those pesky pro-lifers don'thave the intelligence to load a gun.

Not all, mind you. Many are extremely sincere and have convictions on the issue that are deep and profound.   That is to the good as we need that voice in society and it keeps things both fair and counterbalanced.  The very concept of abortion is ripe and in need of discussion and we can't be afraid or namby pamby about discussing it.

I'm no fan of abortion and I wouldn't do it if it were me but I'm male and have fat chance of getting pregnant so I wouldn't have to make that decision. So I kind of think it is up to the woman involved and not me or anyone else for that matter. 

I also find it difficult to justify murdering someone in the name of saving lives.  Taking on the responsibility of judge, jury and executioner seems like a mighty big job for any one person but here is a list of people who nominated themselves for the position. God knows I didn't elect them.

Comments