There is one born every minute


You can see the video here and actually the kid is appealing and his stuff that you can see is pretty good - i'm jealous as I can't hit a wall with a paint roller but it is to early to be pithy.
This however reminds me of a story.  A good Jewish mother appeared one morning in the offices of the famous musical impresario Sol Hurok, a big deal guy who handled the careers of the best of the best 20th century classical musicians. It went something like this:
Mr. Hurok, you must manage the career of my son Youri.  He is 10 and I think he is ready for Carnegie Hall. 

Madame, I don't want to sound impolite but 10 years old..well, it takes years to solo in Carnegie Hall.

Mr. Hurok, I have a phonograph record of my son playing.  If you will permit me, I will show you.

She puts on a record and this wonderous violinist is heard, playing the most impossible of solos flawlessly and with such perfection....."Wait a minute madame.  You are a hoax. That is not your son.  Why, Yascha Heifitz is my client. I would recognize his playing anywhere as only he can perform with such incredible facility.  This is not your son!"

"Well, it sounds just like him."

Comments