Perils of picking a "company face"

Advertising and celebrities have been, of course, hand in glove for a century at least.  There have been some curious choices, some stretches, some disasters (hello Tiger), and a lot of animals (hello Aflack duck).  I do have a nominee for the most idiotic and the award goes to (drum roll pls) Roseland Capital Group and their spokesperson Gordon Liddy.

For those of you too young to remember Mr. Liddy, he rose to fame during Nixon's impeachment era. Some of his accomplishments were a 20 yeaer sentence for wiretapping, burgulary,...oh the list is fairly long and I won't bore you with it. Suffice it to say that Mr. Liddy is now hawking gold as an investment and Roseland has chosen him to be their company face.  What's next?  Madoff speaking for E*Trade?

I did a little looking on YouTube, the repository for just about anything that moves, and Mr. Liddy has quite the collection there.  I didn't know he was a birther which leads me to conclude that he is still insane as ever and some of his stuff is a laugh riot of sorts.  Anyway, go have a look here and then tell me what bright boy thought that Liddy was a good fit.  And hurry.

Comments