The Omnipotent Ms. Dowd


I've been writing Ms. Dowd regarding her column in the Times for perhaps 12-14 years...actually transferring her address out of my old AOL account while still in the 90s. That was when AOL was still a good idea and the Times had an email that worked.

She only wrote back a couple of times and I think that those were a mistake but I do opine or whine (your preference) to her and to the Times when I think she gets silly or too full of herself or when she doesn't just simply chop off Sarah Palin's head and be done with it...once and for all.  I've in fact written Maureen (as I like to call her) 8 times on the subject and Ms. Palin still is wandering around with all body parts although I do think Maureen stole her brain and stashed it someplace evil.

Anyway, Maureen is a writing hero of mine and she took last Wednesday off and I make it a habit to read the Times online (Sunday) late Saturday night and try and add my comment or write a letter so I can get up into the listings with an early number.

If you google hdhouse (moi) and maureen dowd we go about 8 pages deep. Well "we" is not the operative word...the combination is more accurate than "we" as there isn't a we but I'm just sayin' that I really think that she's the bees knees when it comes to writing and commentary and it is unfair that anyone get's first dibs on the talent genes and takes them all.

Comments