I've got mine, now you go scratch for yours.....

On some mornings I get a little bent out of shape. I'm an early riser and the TV usually gets left on over night in the bedroom (the dog actually does watch it...the cat as well but he has taste and goes to sleep) so I wake to some liberal cable channel and the frivolity that is our economic system.  Krugman in the NYTimes today isn't very optimistic and the news all weekend was about the double dip that is coming and the "W" recession....just all bad stuff. I therefore did some digging into the "POOR LAWS" that you might find interesting at the very least.  I'm particularly taken by the stretch in the early 1840s when things went to hell in a handbasket socially and stuff got tough for the aristocracy as a result.  It is a pretty easy read and very interesting if you like to know what is coming down the road near you at about 100 mph. 


Comments