High Tide Wolf Moon

So last night, well now actually, is a huge once a year deal if you like looking at the night sky which, I confess, I do in times of stress and angst.    It is Saturday morning and about 545am and my beloved Wolf Moon is just setting and the tide is in.  Very in.

You know how the picture in your "mind's eye" is always sharper than the camera?  Well, the wetlands tidal area next to my house is flooded to the edge of the property and past, My foundation is at 11 feet above mean high tide, I've got 5 feet to go. At 7 degrees F and  NW wind gusting to 35 things are not good outside and I'm content to watch from the window in my home-office.  Nothing is moving except branches and shadows. It is nearly readibly bright.   Read about the Wolf's Moon here.  Enjoy the spookiness and remember when you were a kid and the Saturday night horror movies had wolves and moons and forests. Real life won't been so scary in comparison.

Comments