Roman Polanski...not his day was it

I won't run a picture of him.  I think...again, my personal opinion and not representative of anyone or any other entity..strictly mine...is that he deserves a visit to the River Styx.

I saw a horribly inane interview with some rep from the festival that was going to give this guy an award.  He decried how anyone could consider jailing a guy with this much talent and achievement. Bull.

Talent and achievement are one thing.  Molesting a 13 year old girl after drugging her is obviously another. How in the world do the two relate?  You can be good at your job for a lifetime but that doesn't erase the act which, according to interviews, he freely admits committing and he has the affrontery to be pissed off at the judge for backing out of the plea bargain.  What plea bargain?

The public in general doesn't get all this in my opinion.  If it were you or me we would be looking at hard time and rightfully so.  Think of your daughter and then think of this and see if any other conclusion holds water.

That this indulgent ass and some around him think that putting out a film like the Pianist (which I own and watch often as a masterpiece of storytelling) gives him some sort of lifetime pass from being a creep. 

I can watch the DVD while he sits in jail for the rest of his life with absolutely no moral regret.

Comments