The National Parks

There are a number of them that I wanted to visit in my lifetime and Mr. Burns' documentary has turned up the heat to venture forth as we all should as like tomorrow, it will never be the same as today.


I finally "got it" last night viewing one of the episodes.  I wondered why there were so many vignettes with persons who were remotely connected to the establishment(s) of the system.  I think he wanted to convey to us that there is the physical "park" and the "visitors" park. That the parks themselves truly come alive when we humans - certainly minor actors on a much bigger stage and the parks reality is in the viewing by us. Certainly the old saw of if a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make any noise.  The flip would be if the beauty of these parks, so well caught in Burns' work, isn't viewed, visited and enjoyed, they would in effect be silent.

Comments