Poker

We sponsored an event in Jupiter Florida last saturday. Thankfully it was only about 110 in shade and the thundershowers were moderately severe. What a break.

I play some card games very well as advertising and marketing are all deception and tomfollery but poker seems very different. It appears to have something to do with risk management; e.g. not betting too much, understanding what is going on around you, that type of thing. The traders tell me there is a lot alike in both groups.

What I found really intriguing is when you ask a real deal poker player if he is a gambler he will deny it (not the denial type either) and retort that he only bets as much as prudent to realistically maximize his upside (or words to that effect) and gets out immediately if things turn against him. Hmmmm. The traders say pretty much the same thing.

For the time being I'll stay with advertising where I can lie/cheat/steal.

Comments