The Cheney legacy - permutations

There was an article in the Huffington Post recently about CIA personnel "moonlighting" as consultants in the private sector.  I can see the need to moonlight considering how poorly government workers are paid and I'm glad there is a program in place that affords them the opportunity.  I do wonder how far we have come though or, to be more accurate, how far down the path we have gone.  That is the snooping path all made easier by eletronics and data mining and the Internet you are using right now to read this.

I pal around some with the folks at Google who are developing a lot of ways to figure out things about us.  It is a bit scary and my impression is that a lot of abilities that data aggregators have now came out of the Patriot Act and the general abdication of our rights to privacy that we abandoned in the name of haste and fear.  Anyway, I've always liked this cartoon of Cheney the hunter blasting away at our rights...and I ran into the Lewis Black clip last night..so it makes sense...enjoy a profanely great chuckle.

Comments