Ta-Daaa


I found this picture in the dark recesses of my phone. This time 2 years ago. 

This is one of four grand daughters; each equally priceless. She, like all, can do some things amazingly well and she, like the others has - well how can I put this delicately...some things might be saved for another day. The point is they all try; no matter and to our joy they are patient with each other and help each other master the new thing.  Each is a "gamer".. there is absolutely no quit in them...none. Such an admirable trait.

As a good friend once put it "they are all spit and twigs".

Our little ice rink was cold cold cold today. It is right next to the water and the wind blows nothing but cold air. One set of grand daughters and a set of parents out on the ice.  Grand parents watched in the ice cold.

I must say that a visit to a local outdoor ice skating rink should be mandatory by law. It is the only sport/recreation that I know of that when you fall on your ass you smile.

I wouldn't have missed this for the world. Nothing on earth is as valuable as a child's smile.

Comments