View from a higher plain ... if not plane.

Everest on the border of Nepal and Tibet

This blog has been in existence since 2008 and I keep track somewhat of visitors and where they are from.  I've had Antartica, Greenland, about 20,000 Russians and some folks sweating away in Borneo.  Until the other day, never anyone from Napal.  Now I have 2.

What chance, if any, did this blog come up in search?  What possible keywords?  It is a mystery to me although of course I am always thrilled to get any readers from anywhere 

When I was a kid, Edmund Hillary climbed Everest and we read about it in our Weekly Reader. He had a Shirpa guide, Tenzing or something - I'm not looking it up. Also, I remember the height to be 29,028. Now it is 29,035...even farther away. (but after a little research, the difference between the rock summit of 29,028 and the ..035 is a result of measuring the snowpack...something that China and Nepal actually had an accord worked out to settle the 7 feet).

The picture above is from the space station; nothing that I ever dreamed of except at the movie theater and certainly never thought I would see Everest from above. 

Life's mysteries.



Comments