Happy Birthday Big Sis



Mary Jane Flege
I published this several years back; before things started downhill health wise I gather for both of us. Maybe you'll see this. Maybe not.  But the thought will always catch up to you sooner or later.
Have to confess to being a bad brother of late and I apologize for that.  You've never been a bad sister so you are, once again, one up on the rest of us.  I've been away from your life and that I regret.  I wish I were well enough to regain a foothold so will save all my strength for what hopefully will be not the final but "a" visit.
I was about 6 years old  and you and I were playing catch baseball outside the farmhouse.  You were going off to college that fall if memory serves and we had this issue that you tossed the ball to me and I threw it in the bushes.  I didn't want to.  It just worked out that way. You called a halt and told me that my problem was that I didn't "step" toward where I was going to throw. (I thought you had the problem of not liking bushes).  You were right. Step toward where you want things to go. 

That is one of many life lessons you taught; something of the Aesop of sisters. You were hard to live up to as your family knows all too well, three great sons/families, a catch of a husband now passed but never forgotten, oodles of grand and more kids...so who'd of thought that kid in the photos, born on the Titanic date, could have done so much in her life.  


Your first Christmas on the right and probably your 4th tricycle at 2 1/2 on the left.
We are better for every year of your life. You've done so much.  Happy Birthday and thanks.



Comments