Objects, even in your rear view mirror, are probably larger than you


It's Wednesday morning. Sun is up. My wife has a full day and then gets to spend the night (wild and wooly terrible sixes and nines who loves to be with their grandma and they will be nestled in her bed as she wakes at 6am ... a sight that makes you cry).  

I was awake some last night and the wonderous movie Grand Canyon played. Today is the day Roosevelt declared it a national park.   

It makes you small. Things like that - the canyon and the kids - are put on earth to make you, me, us, everyone small.

I wish I could rush there and experience a mid-winter sunrise with the Grofe music (which we think of as pedestrian but is perfect perfect perfect).  


Enjoy. Realize your place on the planet and accept it.




Comments

Post a Comment