Pictures at an Exhibition


I've got a friend, EJ, who made an observation that some of us (me probably although she is too polite to say) take snapshots while others (photographers) make pictures. It set me back some but she is right. 

I'm working on a project now with some folks who have a great platform for displaying and organizing pictures and snapshots and linking their content to other pictures and subjects therein.  Think of it as a Facebook for things - but organized.


It is starting to have an effect on me.  I'm trying to get better but that is a long, uphill battle. 


On a philosophical note, I'm beginning to think that taking a snapshot (rather than composing a picture) is what we do all the time in our daily lives.  We just point and click rather than look and see.


I'm going back to bed and think about this some.




Comments