On the First Day of Christmas.....
* The partridge in a pear tree was Jesus Christ.
* Two turtle doves were the Old and New Testaments
* Three French hens stood for faith, hope and love.
* The four calling birds were the four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke & John.
* The five golden rings recalled the Torah or Law, the first five books of the Old Testament.
* The six geese a-laying stood for the six days of creation.
* Seven swans a-swimming represented the sevenfold gifts of the Holy Spirit - Prophesy, Serving, Teaching, Exhortation, Contribution, Leadership, and Mercy.
* The eight maids a-milking were the eight beatitudes.
* Nine ladies dancing were the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit-Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self Control.
* The ten lords a-leaping were the ten commandments.
* The eleven pipers piping stood for the eleven faithful disciples.
* The twelve drummers drumming symbolized the twelve points of belief in the Apostles' Creed.
Well there you have it. OR NOT. Who knows. Nice story though. Merry Christmas.