Time Capsule

This is a birthday party when I was 6. It is in Dayton Ohio at 334 Fountain Ave. I remember my phone as Oregon 8990. I can also remember how to walk to kindergarten at Van Cleve elementary (bet you don't know who Van Cleve was do you?).
This was the year that my parents would let me go the Saturday matinee at the Main Theater with my friends and of course walk to and from school.   Cookie Willis lived next door. He was a Korean War vet and took one day to shooting up the neighborhood "so we would learn what war was like".  They got him alive and took him away.  

The most popular TV shows were Captain Video I think Gogi Grant sang "The Western Wind was a Wayward Wind" or something. I'm not going to look it up.  I'm just trying to figure out how moms got 6 year olds in white shirts and ties. (not me by the way). My first girl friend (because she could play "army" in the back yards) was Sasha and she is behind me to the left. Her family was from Germany and I liked her. 

In 50's, they didn't have a lot of friends. 

Comments