Sorry won't buy you love.

I'm Kenneth Langone. If my words offended you, I'm sorry
you found my words offensive. That's just your tough
luck the way I look at it.
In a March interview with Politico,  Langone said a GOP pivot toward the economic populism championed by progressives and by such Tea Party candidates as Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz would mirror the rise of Adolf Hitler.
“I hope it’s not working,” Langone said of the political appeals at the time. “Because if you go back to 1933, with different words, this is what Hitler was saying in Germany.”
Hours after the published quote ignited fierce criticism, Langone offered a tepid apology for the comparison, saying the remarks “were intended to discourage pitting one group against another group in a society.”
“If my choice of words was inappropriate -- and they well may have been that -- I extend my profound apologies to anyone and everyone who I may have offended,” he said in the March 19 statement.
....that bittersweet distinction "my words offended I'm sorry (for you)...I didn't apologize for saying the words...
Putz.

Comments