Spanish Nocturnes

This music is so incredibly gorgeous...well for some tastes perhaps...and not everyone likes this stuff - yes yes I know.

You can listen here on YouTube or below and then follow the prompts to the rest of it.  These pieces started off as a set of nocturnes...evening music (nocturnal).  They were tinkered into a masterpiece.

I take some pride in being trained as a conductor and music historian. I love the history part and find it, on whole, never-endingly fascinating.  I go into business meetings generally full of stuff for the clients I serve which is my job, but there are down times in the conversation - when someone needs to take a call or go the restroom - when you talk about something else.  I measure the person I'm with somewhat by what his/her reaction is to some oblique historical/artistic observation....like hey how about that Dudamel guy at the LA Philharmonic...well not that oblique...but you get the idea. If their eyes glaze over and they are desperately trying to find a way to get out of the room, then you know you have one - a fish on the line so to speak. Sad.

I had a lawyer once, a big cheese in International Law because I was into some trade stuff, he could talk art and music and literature and mostly history for hours. ...  a kindred soul perhaps...I didn't know that his "let's talk about the Duke of Burgundy" was also billed at $350/hr.


Comments