Oh let's go bipolar once again

My wife's former SO is bi-polar or something. I dunno. I probably am too. Just her luck. I'm going to turn about 4000 years old in the next couple of days so I no longer think that speaking up has any more demerits than life has already brought me so I can go bad-good-bad-good before 630 in the morning before I take out the Monday morning trash and survive God's wrath (no lightning in sight).

I cling to sanity sometimes through music.  In grad school I studied Bach (JS) with  Gerhardt Hertz, who owned one of the 7 or so Bach autographs (just a signature).  He brought it into a seminar once to see. NO TOUCH.  Honestly it was a very special moment. Someone had cut it out of a manuscript or document sometime, someplace and Hertz had spent years trying to find out from what and when.  No luck. (by the way I'm NOT insane...everyone else is).

Anyway, I bring this up as I am trying to think what music is best suited to me. You should ask that question of yourselves as well. It is like what music, at my demise and funeral, would you have played?  Is it the Berlioz music from the Fantastic Symphonie?  Or something absolutely spellbindingly beautiful .. like from Durufle Requien, the Sanctus movement?  I'm not passing anytime soon unless that God of the Trash zaps me on the way to the curb...but I decided long ago that it would be the simple hymn, "simple gifts"..not really a hymn but a tune I cherish.

Comments