Surely you are joking Mr. Feynman

This is Richard Feynman (fine man) PhD. He wrote amazingly readable books. He was also, along with Einstein and perhaps few others, the greatest man of physics in this or any century.  Mostly because he could explain things.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and got a chance to mention him just during the small talk time.  The doctor was puzzled as to who he was. A person, a doctor, who didn't know who this guy was. Oh well.  He was on the Challenger investigative committee and figured it out. He won the nobel prize and taught at Cal Tech, wrote a lot of books and his lectures are legend. On a lark, I took his physics course 40 years ago.  He talked about everything. He talked about light for 2 hours... much like this.  I freely admit to being lost most of the time but I wasn't alone. Thus humbled.....

Don't know what lead me to think about him this morning except I'm gearing up my brain for a conversation to come middle morning that is of significance.  ...plus it is snowing so my morning walk is postponed.  Here is something nice to listen to when you confront the fact that you aren't the brightest bulb in the room and snow with big snowflakes is one of nature's grandest gestures.

Comments